There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why My Mommy Lies

My Mom she tells a lot of lies
She never did before
But from now until the day she dies
She'll tell a whole lot more.

Ask my mom how she is
And because she can't explain
She will tell a little lie
Because she can't describe the pain.

Ask my mom how she is
And she'll say "I'm alright".
If that's the truth, then tell me
why does she cry each night?

Ask my mom how she is
She seems to cope so well
She doesn't have a choice you see
Nor the strength to yell

Ask my mom how she is
"I'm fine", "I'm well", "I'm coping"
For goodness sake mom, just tell the truth
Just say your heart is broken.

She'll love me all her life
I loved her all of mine
But if you ask her how she is
She'll lie and say she's fine.

I am here in Heaven
I cannot hug from here
If she lies to you I'll listen-
Hug her and hold her near.

On the day we meet again
We'll smile and I'll be bold
I'll say, "You're lucky to get in here, Mom
With all the lies you told"!

-unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment