There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Worn

Let me see redemption win,
Let me know this struggle ends,
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn.
I wanna know a song can rise,
From the ashes of a broken life,
And all that's dead inside can be reborn...
I'm worn.        
                          Tenth Avenue North


Five years today and there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.  We wake up every morning and he is still gone.  Each new day is having to say goodbye again and again.

We still don't understand why this was God's will for us and for Mark, but we hold tight to His unfailing love and the promise of heaven.
 What a day that will be, when my Jesus (and Mark) I shall see!


3 comments:

  1. Angie, a hug from my worn momma heart to your worn momma heart. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark remains in my heart and so do you.

    You are not forgotten here.

    Heaven is coming. It is coming. It is coming. Every day, I lean in to that truth - and I know you do, too.

    Lord, carry us all the way Home.

    Worn and waiting with you,

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know a stranger thinks of your family and Mark often.

    ReplyDelete